The board certified vascular surgeons at Evansville Surgical Associates specialize in the comprehensive treatment of vascular disease through preventative care, diagnostic expertise and minimally-invasive endovascular and traditional surgical techniques.
- Diagnostics and therapeutic minimally invasive procedures, including angioplasty and stenting of peripheral, carotid, and mesenteric arteries
- Open vascular procedures, such as aneurysm repair, arterial bypass grafts, and endarterectomies
- Minimally-invasive endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA)
Types of treatment available in our Vein Clinic:
- Endovenous laser treatment or EVLT – Under ultrasound guidance, a thin laser fiber is inserted into the vein. A concentrated beam of laser energy is then used to close off the abnormal vein, preventing blood from flowing backwards and pooling in the legs. This procedure is done in our office and does not require the use of general anesthesia. Our patients are able to walk out of our office and resume normal activities within a few days!
- Sclerotherapy or vein injections – a concentrated solution is injected into the abnormal varicose or spider vein to close it and eliminate discomfort.
- Open venous procedures – these procedures include stripping and microphlebectomies, or the surgical removal of varicose veins.